Friday, October 9, 2009

Nail biting moments, really??

As it is increasing becoming usual, I had few nail biting moments before I catch up with my flight recently!!

Here is the chronological sequence of events:
1. The Weighing Machine@ 8 PM IST: In the evening, we weighed both of my luggages they weighed around 43.2 lbs and we were feeling very comfortable in carrying them.

2. Trip to Airport@2:30 AM IST :
In order to catch the 5:25 AM flight, we started only at 2:30 AM IST, as I overlooked it as 5:45 AM instead of 5:25 AM.

3. 2nd Trip to Airport@3:30 AM IST:
Icing on the cake was that I missed my very important bag where I kept visiting cart to ration-card(well..exaggerating, it carried purse and passport, of course!) in the chrompet itself. My BIL did a good samaritan act by rushing back to Chrompet and get it back!! Till then I could NOT go into the Airport!!

4. Weight Checkup @3:50 AM IST: having less than 11/2 hrs to board, I entered into the airport with the first checkup and Scanning and weighing the checkin luggages. To make things more interesting, their weighing machine showed first luggage to be 29.3 Kg and other to be 26.2 Kg. (I should have suspected it when it showed my weight as 78kg. I thought I did reduce my weight due to my reduced 3 course meal!! my bad!!) It was indeed was NOT 43.2 lbs!! So I had to resort to juggling act to reduce more than 6 Kg but could reduce 4+ kg with the help of Sindhu's bulky books immediately. Unfortunately I could NOT break 10kg rice pack!! What is the time now?? oh!! 4:15 AM IST with checkin got over!! (I feel really sorry for not able to carry the books, sincerely!!)

5. Cute little satan in Emigration Check@4:20 AM IST: வாலு போயி கத்தி வந்தது!! I had a small sweat family of husb/wife/son/daughter standing in front of me. For some reason, this little boy was screaming all along grabbing complete attention of the entire airport and just before entering into the authority gate, he ran away to see if his relatives still there to go with them. With his parents chasing him wildly, I had to wait for their completion for next 15 mins. When I got out of it, it was 4:45 AM IST.

6. Lime light @5:20 AM IST: I was surprised to hear beautiful voice calling out my name on speakerphone all over the airport counters for my boarding as I was standing in the huge queue for security gate check. Guess what??!! that was boarding call with the warning as "last time" before they close the gate. Finally I had to rush by beg/borrow/encroach the adjacent places in the queue to pass on the security gate check. It was almost like "நிறுத்துங்க!!" climax of scene of any tamil movie!!

7. Missing Luggage@6:15 PM CST, Houston Airport: After a big 20 hours relaxation period, I got into surprise mode where I learnt my main luggage where I kept all my official docs, clothes, shoes etc., did NOT arrive with my flight. Apparently my luggage missed my flight which I was about to miss!! Good that it arrived next day, otherwise, the second greatest tragedy after bopal gas incident would have happened in Waller, TX!!

Now, isn't it enough for the short description "few nail biting moments"?? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your inputs/feedback on this blog post: