Monday, October 19, 2009

Episode - 2: Amazing concepts of Hinduism - Why 108 is so sacred?

Are you like me who always wondered on why 108 is so sacred for Hindu community?? I have always wondered about it.

I could atleast guess the other sacred numbers as 101,201 and 501 as part of Marriage gifts as we cannot round it so add + 1. The same logic BATA store in India that applies as part of consumer psycology with 99.99 INR instead 100 INR. It is called psychological barrier of human mind. Let us ignore this for this moment as 108 does NOT come into that circle anyways!!

During my search for it this morning, I have come across this interesting article : The cycle of Time which talks about Golden Ratio and the suspense behind the 108 number.

Though as my brother calls it right, it would be "Pazhamperumai" (Exact english translation please??!!), I still wonder how did they come across the distance between the planets in those days. I read another connecting article where the ancient hindu mythology almost captured the speed of light with this formulation.

Anyways, I say it is good piece of information to know why we are following what we are following!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your inputs/feedback on this blog post: