Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Blog - Just the way you (may) like it!!

This morning when I was in my unofficial library (well.. you guessed it correct!! I was in my rest room), I had the idea to expand the reach of my blog to be a daily newsletter rather than a little more than a tit-bit. Though I remember an article which said "anything more than 1 paragraph" would bore the reader, I still wanted to see how it evolves. Please do let me know how do you like today's blog.. Here you go on the news streams...




Intesting read on India's official estimation figures of poverty line. Here is an excerpt from an article : "India's planning commission raised its estimate of the country's official poverty rate recently. This, it has raised from about 27% of the population to 37%. Reports peg the number of Indians in below the poverty line at around 410 m. But many activists in the country are of the opinion that the real number of poor may be much higher. What makes this vital is the fact that it is this number that will decide how many people will be eligible for the state's food subsidies. Only households deemed officially below the poverty line will receive the same. 'Inclusive' development is surely easier said than done". ironically I got reminded the facts that 4 out of the top-10 richest people of the universe are from India. what a contrast, huh??!!

Forward of the day: I got this mail with the title as "World's best 2 photographs".

First one: When chinese president went to US

Second One: On a subsequent courtesy visit of US president in China.

Talk about possessiveness!!??

More sections to come from tomorrow, if you like it!!.. have a great day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your inputs/feedback on this blog post: