Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How corporate America tweaks the L1 Visa program?

I am browsing through the L1 Visa program blog sites just to keep me ready for what I am currently undergoing.  By definition, it says in plain english (for dummies like me!) as "Intra-company transfer visa". By definition, this is ideal for the candidates like me, who is working in US MNC in India, getting transferred to US head-quarters.

However, it is interesting to see how the American corporates makes a better loopholes in the name of "Job creation". Go on to read the hosting country folks think about it. Please don't proceed if you love desi way of working...
This morning, when I was browsing for the L1 Visa program and related interview questions and thinks like that. I came across this shocking yet interesting article titled "L1 Visa Corporate America’s Dirty Little Secret" by Normal Cilio (click the URL) and most of what mentioned looks to be very true, though NOT with my personal experience but with the vendor management experience I have currently.

Corporates do find the loopholes even if there are no loops around!! That reminds me of this funny quote: "Tax loophole is something that benefits the corporate world. If it benefits you, it is TAX REFORM".

See you later!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your inputs/feedback on this blog post: