Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Teaching the wrong person the right method? Try Hierarchy of learning


All,
Its been a looooooooooooooooong gap before I could turn up to my blog page and when I do that I would also require something new to keep you all updated and here it is. This morning I stumbled upon a concept of "Hierarchy of Learning" which talks about 5 difference stages that any student or professional would undergo.

Ever caught up teaching the right method to wrong person?

 If yes,  then you may want to proceed further to see what really is this "hierarchy of Learning" a.k.a "Dreyfus model of skill acquisition".
it talks about 5 different stages namely
1) Novice: wants to be given a manual, told what to do, with no decisions possible
2) Advanced beginner : needs a bit of freedom, but is unable to quickly describe a hierarchy of which parts are more important than others
3) Competent: wants the ability to make plans, create routines and choose among activities
4) Proficient: the more freedom you offer, the more you expect, the more you'll get
5) Expert: writes the manual, doesn't follow it.

A detailed history and geography behind this theory could be found at the WikiPedia Page.

Well...were you an expert who already knew this concept?? If yes, I did NOT follow the hierarchy of Learning, ..obviously!!

You may also want to check out my techno page at https://techncare.wordpress.com/

See you tomorrow with something more exciting than this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know your inputs/feedback on this blog post: